Consumers who are connected to brands online are more loyal customers. That’s according to the latest report from Sprout Social.
The newest survey of consumers and marketers, suggested that nine out of 10 consumers buy from brands they follow on social media.
It also highlighted that the proportion of people who said they increased their spending with a brand they follow increased by 12% from 2019’s figures to 75%.
Online platforms that feature eye catching imagery and emphasise videos, including YouTube and Instagram, are proving to be a big hit for younger consumers. In fact, 73% of Gen Z said they plan to use Instagram more often, while 65% aim to spend more time on YouTube.
The report from Sprout Social and Mobile Marketer presents an excellent tool for brands to evaluate their online activity to ensure they remain ahead of competitors.
Looking at the current state of social media marketing coupled with industry insight, and outlining what to expect for the future of the sector – the survey discovers what consumers really want from brands online and allows this to be incorporated into social strategies to help drive results.
Other key findings:
- A majority of social media users (65%) said that brand-audience engagement is key, followed by transparency (45%) and then strong customer service (44%).
- Consumers want to build relationships with brands, with 40% of those surveyed wanting a company to respond within the first hour of connecting online, while a whopping 79% expect a response in the first 24 hours.
- With a look to industry specifics, estate agents and law firms have the highest response rate at 29%, followed by recruiting and staffing (28%), finance and banking (28%) and healthcare (27%).
Is your organisation tapping into the latest online trends? Speak to us today and see how your business can transform its social media activity.
- Leading Brands And Their Social Activity. Spotlight Focus: Oreo
- 10 Things Every Freelancer Should Do In The Morning To Be Successful And Productive
- Social Republic Celebrates A Trio Of New Account Wins Including Neville Johnson
- The Top 2020 Twitter Trends Are Revealed
- LinkedIn Releases New Updates: All You Need To Know
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017