As a freelancer you set your own work, hours and even pay.
However liberating it may be, freelancing also means that work is not guaranteed and can be tough when on-going cash is needed to pay bills.
Dutch online platform for freelance jobs – Hoofdkraan.nl – has released its latest report highlighting the best cities to work in the world as a freelancer.
The survey looked at 23 factors including cost of living, internet speeds, taxation and overall cost of life, across 117 cities in total.
Here are the top nine rankings:
- Lisbon, Portugal – it offers the cheapest and fastest internet services in Europe and workers can enjoy being close to the beach for after-work downtime.
- Miami, US – said to be one of the best coastal cities for quality of life, it also offers great internet speeds.
- Seville, Spain – good weather, combined with low cost of living helps are the main draws for this city. People can simply get by for longer on less.
- Las Palmas, Gran Canaria – fab weather coupled with great beaches and beautiful nature helps increase the rankings of this city.
- New Orleans, US – this city has one of the highest rankings for quality of life and is said to offer fantastic nightlife for locals.
- Bristol, England – a cheaper alternative to London, the west side of the city is easy to get to and from the big smoke, safer and offers a lot of places to work.
- Marseille, France – this small city provides all the amenities for a thriving social life and offers a great number of places to work from.
- Bratislava, Slovakia – a prime location for those who do not have a guaranteed income, the city has one of the lowest tax rates out of those surveyed and has a very low cost of living.
- Vancouver, Canada – offering a high quality of living, this city is a prime location for freelancers.
- Advice From The Experts: Tips For Starting A Career In The Social Media Industry
- Instagram Ad Product Tags: All You Need To Know About The New Feature
- Leading Brands And Their Social Activity. Spotlight Focus: Topshop
- How CoppaFeel! Has Grabbed The Attention Of Young Social Media Users
- Graduate’s Guide To Staying Positive Over Lockdown 2.0
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017